Celestron Ultima 8 Telescope
This is one of the best Schmidt Cassegrain telescopes ever built.
Read what Uncle Rod writes about this model by going to
Uncle Rod's Blog.
Then click on "Uncle Rods' Used STC Guide".
(Rod Mollise is an authority figure when it comes to the SCT.)
If you come to look at my telescope, prepare to be impressed.
- Heavy duty tripod mount
- Hard airline case
- spotting scope
- hand controller/corrector (for astro-photography)
- night flashlight
- 12V battery charger
- Original user manual
- Celestron Plossl 30mm multi-coated
- Celestron 2x Barlow (CNBLU #93506)
- Celestron 12.5mm Ultima (CN125U #93352)
- Celestron 18mm Ultima (CN18U #93353)
- Celestron Polarizer (quantity = 2)
- Pro-optic #58 filter (Green)
- Pro-optic #12 filter (Yellow)
- Pro-optic #80A filter (Blue)
- Pro-optic #23A filter (Red)
It's unlikely you will ever find an Ultima 8 in better condition.
This telescope has rarely left my house or back yard and has been treated with utmost care.
Looks pretty much like the day it left the factory.
You will be amazed at the optical quality and tracking accuracy.
The internal rechargeable batteries were getting a bit weak, so I just replaced the
batteries with a fresh set that I purchased a few weeks ago (see receipt).
When away from an AC source, the batteries can run the telescope for about 8 hours.
To see the pictures, click on any of the items below: